Painted Photoshop EffectSevenstyles
Automatically transform your photos into paintings in Photoshop
This item is compatible with Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 and above.
- A 1 click process. After opening your photo in Photoshop, you only need to click the play button in the Action panel to create the effect.
- Re-ordering layers create various different looks.
- Brush on areas where you want more or less of your original photo’s detail.
- A smoothing brush that allows you to brush over any area of your painting and smooth out the textures.
- Each time you run the Photoshop Action on your photo, you will get a unique result.
- A simple and well-organized layer structure.
- A comprehensive video tutorial walking you through how to set up your Photoshop document and edit your results.
Important to know
- Make sure you are using the English version of Photoshop to run the Action on. All Sevenstyles Actions will only work in the English version of Photoshop.
- Check you are using a version of Photoshop that the Action supports.
- Watch the video tutorial to ensure you have your Photoshop file setup correctly. You can view the video tutorial in the above ‘Tutorial‘ section. A link to the tutorial is also included in the ‘Readme‘ file in the download.
- Use high-resolution photos with the Action for the best results and to avoid errors. I highly recommend scaling your photo into the 3000px – 4000px range (at the long dimension) for the best results. Even if your photo is only 1000px, scale it up much larger.
- With Adobe Creative Cloud, you can install multiple versions of Photoshop. If you like this Action but is not supported on your version of Photoshop, you can always install an additional version of Photoshop to run the Action on. Once an Action has been tested and working on a version of Photoshop, it will always work.
- Use Jpeg images to run the Action on. Other file types such as TIFF, BMP, PNG, PSD can cause issues with Actions, as Photoshop disables various features for different file types.
- Avoid using the Action on logos or clip art style images as the lack of detail and color contrast can lead to errors.
Having trouble with the Action?
- Double-check you have your file set up correctly as shown at the beginning of the video tutorial.
- Check the resolution of your photo. If its a low-resolution photo (<1000px), take the longest length of your photo and increase it to around 3000 – 3500px.
- Have a look at my support topics here. I list all common errors with solutions.
- If you are still stuck, please email me with a screenshot of your entire Photoshop interface where the error shows. Please let me also know what version of Photoshop you are using so I can help you faster. You can find my email address in the ‘How to contact me‘ topic on the support page.
Create custom effects
Photo effect Actions can be combined to create new effects. Follow these steps below:
- Run the first Action on your photo.
- Once you are happy with the result, save your design as a Jpeg image.
- Close your Photoshop file and re-open the image you just saved.
- Now run another Action over your photo! This will then stack the second effect on top of the first. You can then experiment with using layer masks to blend between the first and second effect.
There are so many undiscovered effects that can be created!