Create professional hand drawn artwork from your photos
For Photoshop CS6 and above (English version only)
The Drawing Creation Kit includes..
- A Photoshop Action which will transform your photo into a creative hand-drawn artwork with only 1 click, saving you several hours of manual work per photo. You can use a non-transparent and transparent background image if you like.
- A set of 80+ sketch textures that you can apply to any area of your photo. You can be as creative as you like about how you create your drawing. The textures are seamless, meaning you can scale them up/down as much as you like to increase/decrease the level of sketch detail anywhere in your image.
- A set of 127 technical drawing brushes that you can use to quickly add lots of extra detail to your designs.
- A set of 63 shadow overlays that you can drop onto your designs to add more realism.
Important to know
- Make sure you are using the English version of Photoshop to run the Action on. All Sevenstyles Actions will only work in the English version of Photoshop.
- Check you are using a version of Photoshop that the Action supports.
- Watch the video tutorial to ensure you have your Photoshop file setup correctly. You can view the video tutorial in the above ‘Tutorial‘ section. A link to the tutorial is also included in the ‘Readme‘ file in the download.
- Use high-resolution photos with the Action for the best results and to avoid errors. I highly recommend scaling your photo into the 4000px – 5000px range for the best results. Even if your photo is only 1000px, scale it up much larger.
- With Adobe Creative Cloud, you can install multiple versions of Photoshop. If you like this Action but is not supported on your version of Photoshop, you can always install an additional version of Photoshop to run the Action on. Once an Action has been tested and working on a version of Photoshop, it will always work.
- Use Jpeg images to run the Action on. Other file types such as TIFF, BMP, PNG, PSD can cause issues with Actions, as Photoshop disables various features for different file types.
- Avoid using the Action on logos or clip art style images as the lack of detail and color contrast can lead to errors.
Having troubles with the Action?
- Double-check you have your file set up correctly as shown at the beginning of the video tutorial.
- Check the resolution of your photo. If its a low-resolution photo (<1000px), take the shortest length of your photo and increase it to around 4500px or more.
- Have a look at my support topics here. I list all common errors with solutions.
- If you are still stuck, please email me with a screenshot of your entire Photoshop interface where the error shows. Please let me also know what version of Photoshop you are using so I can help you faster. You can find my email address in the ‘How to contact me‘ topic on the support page.
Create custom effects
Photo effect Actions can be combined to create new effects. Follow these steps below:
- Run the first Action on your photo.
- Once you are happy with the result, save your design as a Jpeg image.
- Close your Photoshop file and re-open the image you just saved.
- Now run another Action over your photo! This will then stack the second effect on top of the first. You can then experiment with using layer masks to blend between the first and second effect.
There are so many undiscovered effects that can be created!
Thank you for your support and I hope you create some cool effects! Check out my portfolio for the full collection of photo effects and other products I recommend.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- For the best results, scale your photo into the 3500px - 5000px range. Go to the menu 'Image > Image Size' to adjust the size of your image. Take the longest length (width or height) and re-scale. I optimized the default texture sizes to look the best at this size. You can always scale your Photoshop file back down after the Action has completed.
- Update your Photoshop to at least CC 2019 to take advantage of named brush folders. This will allow you to organize your brushes and know which ones to use in certain cases (brushing onto masks, revealing color with the art history brushes, etc).
- Experiment with applying effects, color, lighting changes to your image before playing the Action. This may give you more creative results. Just remember to flatten any extra layers before running the Action or it will produce errors.
- If you notice any repetition in the sketch patterns, try these tips:
- Brush onto the mask to remove any obvious areas of repetition
- Create a new layer and paint on a new sketch texture over the areas of repetition to add more randomness
- Duplicate the pattern layer and scale the pattern up/down to produce more randomness - or choose another pattern altogether.
File setup: 1:00
Layer overview: 4:38
Adjusting sketch patterns: 5:55
Applying color: 25:08
Applying technical drawing brushes: 32:53
Adding shadow overlays: 37:37
Example 2: 42:22
- If you are using PS 2020 and are receiving the error 'Could not complete the command because of a program error', please go to your performance settings (Edit > Preferences > Performance) and enable 'Legacy Compositing'. After enabling this, restart Photoshop and run the Action again.
If you need additional help with this Action or any other Sevenstyles Action, please visit the support page here.