Abstract Painter Photo Effect
About this Item
Create a realistic hand painted photo effect in Photoshop with a few clicks
How does it work? You simply load up the required files into Photoshop and run the Action! Turn hours of manual work per photo into a few clicks.
All example images below were created in roughly 5 minutes using this tool.
Abstract Painter is compatible with Photoshop CC 2019 and above
Included is a comprehensive video tutorial walking you through how to set up your Photoshop document and customize your results. You can view the tutorial on the above ‘Tutorial’ tab on this page or on my YouTube channel here.
If you like Abstract Painter, make sure to check out the Watercolor Creation Kit if you want to create realistic Watercolor art with a few clicks.
Important to know
- Make sure you are using the English version of Photoshop to run the Action on. All Sevenstyles Actions will only work in the English version of Photoshop.
- Check you are using a version of Photoshop that the Action supports.
- Watch the video tutorial to ensure you have your Photoshop file setup correctly. You can view the video tutorial in the above ‘Tutorial‘ section. A link to the tutorial is also included in the ‘Readme‘ file in the download.
- Use high-resolution photos with the Action for the best results and to avoid errors. I highly recommend scaling your photo into the 4000px – 5000px range for the best results. Even if your photo is only 1000px, scale it up much larger.
- With Adobe Creative Cloud, you can install multiple versions of Photoshop. If you like this Action but is not supported on your version of Photoshop, you can always install an additional version of Photoshop to run the Action on. Once an Action has been tested and working on a version of Photoshop, it will always work.
- Use Jpeg images to run the Action on. Other file types such as TIFF, BMP, PNG, PSD can cause issues with Actions, as Photoshop disables various features for different file types.
- Avoid using the Action on logos or clip art style images as the lack of detail and color contrast can lead to errors.
Having trouble with the tool?
- Double-check you have your file set up correctly as shown at the beginning of the video tutorial.
- Check the resolution of your photo. If it’s a low-resolution photo (<1000px), take the shortest length of your photo and increase it to around 4500px or more.
- Have a look at my support topics here. I list all common errors with solutions.
- If you are still stuck, please email me with a screenshot of your entire Photoshop interface where the error shows. Please let me also know what version of Photoshop you are using so I can help you faster. You can find my email address in the ‘How to contact me‘ topic on the support page.
Create custom effects
Photo effect Actions can be combined to create new effects. Follow these steps below:
- Run the first Action on your photo.
- Once you are happy with the result, save your design as a Jpeg image.
- Close your Photoshop file and re-open the image you just saved.
- Now run another Action over your photo! This will then stack the second effect on top of the first. You can then experiment with using layer masks to blend between the first and second effect.
There are so many undiscovered effects that can be created!
Thank you for your support! Check out my portfolio for the full collection of photo effects and other products I recommend.